7. Processing surface quality
(1) During the processing of the mold working parts, it is necessary to prevent the surface of the burned parts from being ground. The grinding process conditions and technological methods (such as grinding wheel hardness, particle size, coolant, feed rate, etc.) should be strictly controlled;
(2) During the processing, the surface of the working part of the mold should be prevented from leaving a knife mark. Macroscopic defects such as interlayers, cracks, and impact flaws. The presence of these defects can cause stress concentration and become the source of the fracture, causing early failure of the mold;
(3) Finishing and fine processing such as grinding, grinding and polishing to obtain a small surface roughness value and improve the service life of the mold.
8. Surface strengthening treatment
In order to improve the performance and service life of the mold, the surface strengthening treatment of the mold working parts is becoming more and more widely used. Commonly used and enhanced treatment methods are: liquid carbonitriding, ion nitriding, boronizing, vanadium and spark strengthening, as well as chemical vapor deposition (CVD), physical vapor deposition (PVD) and in salt baths. The surface of the workpiece is immersed in a carbide method (TD) or the like.
9. Proper use and reasonable maintenance
In order to protect normal production, improve the quality of stamping parts, reduce the cost, and extend the life of the die, the mold must be properly used and properly maintained, and the “three-check” system of the die (check before use, check during use and check after use) and do Good die and maintenance work.