3. Material selection is appropriate
The mold structural parts should meet the requirements of the mechanical processing technology and the heat treatment process. When selecting the materials of the molded parts and the casting system parts, the manufacturing cost of the mold should be considered and rationally selected. Appropriate material selection, especially for molded parts and other parts in direct contact with molten metal, should be made of high-quality heat-resistant steel and hardened to have sufficient mechanical properties and resistance to thermal deformation, fatigue strength and hardness. Corrosion performance.
(1) Material requirements for die-casting molds for formed parts and gating system parts
1) Good forgeability and cutting performance.
2) It has high red hardness and high high temperature strength at high temperature.
3) It has good thermal conductivity and thermal fatigue resistance, and has a small thermal expansion coefficient.
4) Has sufficient high temperature oxidation resistance.
5) High wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
6) Has good hardenability and a small heat treatment deformation rate.
(2) Requirements for materials used for sliding fit parts
1) Has good wear resistance and strength.
2) Appropriate hardenability and less heat treatment deformation rate.
(3) Requirements for materials used for sets and support plates
1) Should have sufficient strength and rigidity.
2) Easy to cut.
4. Software application and drawing specifications
The shape of die-casting products becomes more and more complicated while meeting the performance requirements. Only the CAD/CAE/CAM software can be used for mold design and manufacturing, so that the fastest speed, lowest cost and highest quality can be achieved. Design and produce molds.
The mold design engineering drawing should conform to the relevant standards. Since the 3D design software conversion engineering drawings such as PRO/E and UG are quite different from the relevant standard regulations, the application software can be converted and edited into engineering drawings conforming to relevant standards.