The production mold of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene pipe is a key factor affecting the quality of UHMWPE pipes. The main reasons are as follows:
(1) If the mold compression ratio is unreasonable, it will lead to difficulty in pipe extrusion, or insufficient compactness, poor pressure resistance, and low mechanical properties.
(2) The flow path is not smooth, the raw material is degraded excessively during the extrusion process, and the performance of the ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene pipe is degraded.
(3) The structure is unreasonable, the plasticization is not good, or the fusion is not good, and the pipe is easy to crack.
(4) The structure is unreasonable, the extrusion fluctuates greatly, and the operation is difficult. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene pipe production operations are mainly based on experience, the main reason is that the mold design is unreasonable. A good mold design will achieve the following effects.
(5) Good operation and stable production. As long as there is no major change in temperature, the appearance of the pipe will not be affected by changes in ambient temperature.
(6) The intrinsic index of the pipe is good, mainly referring to the compactness of the UHMWPE pipe and the degradation of the raw materials.